Swedfund is looking to appoint two (2) Investment Managers to join our Financial Inclusion and Special Operations teams with a mission to manage a number of Swedfund’s investments in Financial Institutions (primarily debt investments) and Private Equity Funds throughout the entire investment process including a number of investments across Swedfund’s various sectors under the Special Operations unit.
Working primarily in project form with other investment team members, comprising Senior Investment Managers and Investment Analysts, the role will collaborate across other Swedfund departments such as ESG & Impact and Legal, ensuring deal processes and portfolio investments are managed both effectively and aligned with Swedfund’s investment strategies. Alongside investment and portfolio management responsibilities, the role will also be involved in various business development/strategy associated projects such as market mapping and product development.
Main role-associated tasks:
The role will cover three main areas of focus, namely Investment Management, Portfolio Management /Value creation and Business development.
Investment Management tasks:
- Analysing potential investment opportunities aligned with Swedfund’s strategy
- Engaging with the potential investee companies, preparing and presenting analyses and decision materials for Swedfund’s investment team, Investment Committee and Board
- Perform Financial, Commercial, Sector and market due diligence (including valuation analyses)
- Project manage and coordinate involvement of colleagues from other departments, (e.g., ESG &Impact, Legal, Communication) and external parties
- Procure and actively manage external consultants
- Support the Senior Investment Manager in structuring and negotiating transaction terms
- Manage commitment and disbursement processes
- Mentor, support and coach Investment Analysts
Portfolio Management tasks:
- Actively monitor and engage with portfolio companies in issues relating to financial and operational performance, sustainability, developmental impact and corporate governance
- In cases where required, engage actively with portfolio companies and internal and external stakeholders to manage special situations and proactively work towards solutions
- Responsibility for up-to-date information in Swedfund’s internal management systems
- Support and oversee Investment Analysts’ work in relation to capital calls, waiver requests, and any other portfolio work
- Provide periodic reporting on portfolio investments
- Proactively work to increase the positive impact of Swedfund’s portfolio companies through value-creating activities like sustainability, operations, governance and exit processes
Aside from the above, the roles will also provide support in various Business Development tasks, including but not restricted to;
- Market mapping, innovative market-gap filling and complementing of product offerings
- Cultivating and effectively managing network with external stakeholders, potential and co-investors
- Support generation of investment strategies, preparing forecasts and business plans
Relevant candidates up to this challenge shall have a minimum of five years’ experience from working with investment processes within Investment Banking, Private Equity, Management consulting, or Asset Management. This experience, combined with your strong academic qualifications within Finance and/or Economics will ensure you have both the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in this demanding role. Naturally, any experience from the financial services sector and/or funds is highly regarded.
Aside from several years of project management experience covering all phases of the investment cycle, you have high level analytical, quantitative and company valuation skills. Swedfund’s investments span over several continents, so professional levels of both Swedish and English is required, French is an advantage. When travel restrictions are relaxed, active involvement and visits to the various markets/geographies where Swedfund has invested will be part and parcel of the roles.
Swedfund is looking for candidates that demonstrate a firm understanding of Swedfund’s overreaching purpose and are genuinely motivated by the goal. Combined with your analytical expertise, you work in a highly structured manner ensuring quality in everything you deliver. You are recognized by others as a team player who builds, maintains and promotes internal and external collaboration. A person who represents quality, dependability and structure.
The role will part of a unique organisation where you will interact with highly competent and driven colleagues with a collective purpose of eliminating poverty through sustainable investments.
Questions and contact
We are working with Amendo in this recruitment process. If you have any questions regarding this specific role, please contact Shaun Ogden at email@example.com. Interviews and selection are ongoing so please do not hesitate to register your interest in the role before Feb 28.