Manager, Swedfund Project Accelerator
Do you want to accelerate sustainable development and support the 2030 agenda? We are looking for a Manager to the Project Accelerator.
As a Manager at Swedfund Project Accelerator you work with supporting and driving the development of sustainable projects in some of the most interesting and challenging countries.
The mission is to ensure that more sustainable and bankable projects are developed. Our impact and success is measured in the implementation of projects. In support of this goal, the Swedfund Project Accelerator will finance technical consultants and advisors that work together with the local Project Owners throughout the project development phase and with sustainable procurement.
Your role is to develop and screen opportunities, engage with stakeholders and work in teams to ensure successful engagements, from early phases throughout the project process.
The position requires travelling to the markets we focus on and work closely with a broad range of stakeholders; public stakeholders in the countries we operate as well as in Sweden. Swedfund is part of Team Sweden and the Accelerator works to develop opportunities in cooperation with members of Team Sweden.
This is a temporary position with a one-year duration, but with a possibility for extension.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience from project financing and project development is an advantage, as is experience from consulting and procurement
- Strong academic record with a degree in business administration, finance, engineering or equivalent
- International experience is a requirement. Experience from developing countries is an advantage
- Genuine interest in sustainability issues and sustainable infrastructure development
- Experience from our focus sectors is an advantage (transportation, energy)
- Experience from working in contexts with multilateral development bank is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, both written and verbal. Additional language skills is an advantage
We are looking for a person with high integrity, a strong personal drive and with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
This is a temporary position with a one year duration, but with a possibility for extension.
Submit your application letter and CV as soon as possible, but no later than December 9 to: email@example.com
Swedfund International AB is the Swedish government’s development finance institution. Through sustainable investments in local businesses we contribute to economic, environmental and social development in emerging markets in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
Since 1979, Swedfund has been engaged as an active, responsible and long-term investor in more than 260 companies worldwide. Swedfund provides equity, loans and expertise, and invests on commercial terms together with strategic partners. At the end of 2017, we had 65 investments in 27 countries, of which more than 62% were located in Africa.
Swedfund Project Accelerator was initiated in the spring of 2016 and started operations later the same year.
Swedfund has offices in Stockholm, Sweden, and Nairobi, Kenya with a total of 39 employees.