Motivated to advance your investment analysis skills and make an impact? Attracted by the prospect of working across multiple sectors and geographies in emerging markets?
Swedfund is looking to appoint two (2) Investment Analysts to join our analyst team to provide critical analyses to support and manage our growing portfolio of investments. Working closely with Investment Managers and various other senior colleagues you will have a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience and involvement in the entire investment cycle and broaden your expertise across Swedfund’s three focus sectors. Analysts will also gain invaluable insights from working with ESG and impact departments, and provide support in various group-wide projects.
Main role-associated tasks:
The roles will work actively in the entire deal cycle; providing accurate and timely support within three broad areas;
Investment management tasks
Actively participate in deal processes from early-stage assessment to funding, more specifically;
- Prepare analyses of potential investment opportunities aligned with Swedfund’s strategy
- Prepare internal analyses and decision materials for Swedfund’s investment team, Investment Committee and Board
- Perform financial, commercial, sector and market due diligence, including valuation analyses
- Provide support in the commitment and disbursement processes
Portfolio Management tasks
In close collaboration with Investment Managers;
- Actively monitor and engage with portfolio companies in matters relating to financial and operational performance, sustainability, developmental impact and corporate governance
- Maintain up-to-date information in Swedfund’s internal management systems (e-Front)
- Prepare and present quarterly portfolio management reports
- Manage capital calls, waiver requests, and any other portfolio work
- Together with other departments when required, work to increase the positive impact of Swedfund’s portfolio companies through value-creating activities like sustainability, operations and governance
Additional to the aforementioned tasks, the role will also be involved in various business development initiatives, including such things as;
- Market-mapping exercises; contributing to the development of innovative approaches to fill market gaps and/or complementing existing product offerings
- Researching and updating relevant sector and geographic intelligence
- Support senior colleagues in creating investment strategies and preparing forecasts and business plans
- Contribute to other ad hoc external and internal work, investment- or non-investment related
Relevant candidates will have strong academic qualifications within Finance and/or Economics combined with around 2-3 years’ experience from Investment Banking, Private Equity or Management consulting. You have solid financial, analytical and quantitative skills and have applied these skills within an investment context, such as commercial/ financial due diligence and company valuation.
Communication is key, we therefore expect candidates to be accustomed to working with excel and transferring key data to PowerPoint presentations and have professional levels of fluency in both Swedish and English.
We are looking for candidates that demonstrate a firm understanding of Swedfund’s overreaching purpose and are genuinely motivated by the goal. Combined with your analytical expertise, you work in a highly structured manner ensuring quality in everything you deliver. You are recognized by others as a team player who builds, maintains and promotes internal and external collaboration. A person who represents quality, dependability and structure.
The role will part of a unique organisation where you will interact with highly competent and driven colleagues with a collective purpose of eliminating poverty through sustainable investments.
Questions and contact
Swedfund is working with Amendo in this recruitment process. If you have any questions regarding this specific role, please contact Shaun Ogden, email@example.com.
Interviews and selection are ongoing so please do not hesitate to register your interest in the role before April 4.