Reporting functionally to the Head of ESG & Impact in Stockholm, Sweden, with day-to-day contacts with the ESG team in Stockholm and oversight from the Head of Nairobi Office, you will be part of Swedfund’s ESG Team. Your responsibilities include integrating ESG considerations into our investment process. You will be involved in ESG analysis of new potential investments, monitoring our current portfolio companies’ ESG performance, assisting them develop ESG management systems and value creation activities, and contributing to Swedfund’s sustainability framework, tools, and reporting.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Conducting ESG due diligence analysis of new potential investments;
• Executing analyses, preparing concise, and compelling presentations for the Investment Committee and others;
• Monitoring portfolio companies’ ESG performance through annual online surveys, calls and visits, monitoring implementation of ESG Action Plans and providing recommendations;
• Reporting on the implementation of the ESG framework in individual portfolio companies and at portfolio level;
• Working cross-functionally to facilitate the development and execution of successful ESG strategies, and program initiatives for our portfolio of companies;
• Keeping abreast of ESG and corporate governance trends at the regulatory and industry level;
• Supporting the ESG team and the Nairobi Head of Regional Office in advocacy and partnership development with key stakeholders in the region;
• 5-7 years of professional experience in responsible investment and sustainability, holding key roles in ESG and sustainability;
• Demonstrated experience in leading and delivering professional services as a trusted advisor;
• Experience and knowledge of IFC Performance Standards and ILO Conventions, decent work, labour conditions and terms of employment is required;
• Experience and knowledge from the Healthcare and Financial sectors (financial institutions or PE funds) is preferred;
• Understanding of the work of leading Development Finance organisations such as IFC, Worldbank, AfDB, MFIs and DFIs is an advantage;
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, with emphasis in sustainability, social studies, financial or business studies;
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English is required, additional language skills are an advantage.
We are looking for a dynamic person, passionate about driving results in a fast-paced organisation, with a proven ability of working effectively and to deliver quality results in a time conscious manner. Ability to collaborate and work in a cross functional team is key; as is the capability to function well individually, and in physical and virtual groups and settings. Travel within Kenya, the African continent and to Europe should be expected, and forms a necessary part of the work.
This fixed-term position with a duration of 12-15 months, has a preferred starting date 1st December 2021 at Swedfund’s office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Sounds like you?
If interested in this role, please submit your application, comprising a one page cover letter and CV no longer than 3 pages, to email@example.com. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, and will close on 8th October 2021 17.00hrs EAT. Note that applicants must be eligible to live and work in Kenya.