As an ESG Analyst, you will be part of Swedfund’s ESG Team that is responsible for integrating ESG considerations into our investment process and developing our sustainability approach.
You will support ESG analysis of new potential investments (ESG due diligence); monitor our current portfolio companies’ ESG performance through annual online survey, calls and visits; and assist our portfolio companies to develop their ESG management systems and value creation activities in some of the world’s most interesting and challenging countries.
Also, you will have the opportunity to contribute to development of Swedfund’s sustainability framework, tools, and reporting.
• 2-3 years of professional experience in responsible investment or sustainability, such as ESG Research Analyst, Sustainability Consultant or Junior Sustainability Officer
• Experience and knowledge in environmental and climate frameworks and management
• At least bachelor’s degree in related field required (environmental studies, social studies, financial or business studies)
• Good knowledge of and interest in studying a breadth of company-level ESG concepts and ability to apply them in a global context
• Understanding of non-financial reporting frameworks, such as Integrated Reporting and GRI Standards is an advantage
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal. Additional language skills is an advantage
• Experience from / interest in developing countries
We are looking for a driven person with proven ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team and with excellent analytical and communication skills.
This is a permanent position.
Sounds like you?
Submit an application letter and CV no later than January 21, 2019 to email@example.com
Swedfund International is the Swedish government’s development finance institution. Through sustainable investments in local businesses, we contribute to economic, environmental and social development in emerging markets in Africa and Asia.
Since 1979, Swedfund has been engaged as an active, responsible and long-term investor in more than 260 companies worldwide. Swedfund provides equity, loans and expertise, and invests on commercial terms together with strategic partners. At the end of 2017, we had 65 investments in 27 countries, of which more than 62% were located in Africa.
Swedfund has offices in Stockholm, Sweden, and Nairobi, Kenya with a total of 41 employees.