The outcome of the Women4Growth program centres around three perspectives, aligned with Swedfund’s priority areas of Women’s Economic Empowerment.
• Equal leadership representation
• Decent working conditions for all
• Products and services serving women
These perspectives are also aligned with the 2xChallenge criteria, providing a global benchmark to showcase progress within areas that are empirically proven to drive development towards gender equality.
The program shows some concrete initiatives that the companies have been able to endorse immediately, and some results are more long term.
Some suggested initiatives:
• Flexible work shifts to enable studies on the side
• Late night transportation
• Training centres for career development
• Gender separate changing rooms
Some long-term results:
• Improved employee retention rates
• Increased job productivity
• Talent attraction