Do you want to help reduce poverty in the world through sustainable investments? We are now looking for an Investment Analyst to join Swedfund’s investment team.
Swedfund International AB is the Swedish government’s development finance institution. Through sustainable investments in local businesses we contribute to economic, environmental and social development in emerging markets in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
Since 1979, Swedfund has been engaged as an active, responsible and long-term investor in more than 260 companies worldwide. Swedfund provides equity, loans and expertise, and invests on commercial terms together with strategic partners. At the end of 2017, we had 65 investments in 27 countries, of which more than 62% were located in Africa.
Swedfund has an experienced investment team with extensive knowledge of our three strategic sectors; energy and climate, financial institutions and healthcare. Swedfund has offices in Stockholm, Sweden, and Nairobi, Kenya with a total of 39 employees.
As an Investment Analyst, you work with investments in challenging and interesting countries. You actively participate in all phases of an investment, with specific responsibility for preparation of investment memorandums, reporting, financial analysis, risk assessments and modelling. You will also produce ad-hoc analyses and participate in organization-wide projects. The position requires frequent travelling to the markets we work in.
- Strong academic record and at least a Bachelor’s degree; preferably in finance, economics, engineering, business administration or equivalent
- Recently graduated and preferably with up to two years of relevant work experience (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate finance, corporate development/strategic planning or similar)
- Strong quantitative skills including e.g. experience with financial modelling (Excel), financial analysis and valuation. Experience with credit analysis is an advantage
- Experience from / interest in developing countries
- Genuine interest in sustainability matters
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team and contribute to a positive team culture
- International experience (work experience, internship or similar) is an advantage
Last application date is March 3rd 2019; applications will be processed continuously, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the role you are welcome to email us on email@example.com
To apply for the position, please send your resume, cover letter and grade transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will process your personal data in accordance with GDPR. For more information on Swedfund’s handling of personal data, please visit www.swedfund.se.